Thursday, June 3, 2010

#2: Bringing It Home


May 18, 2010

The week before, Debbie's brother-in-law, Dave D. called and said he'd be in town for some meetings, and would have his big pickup. If I wanted, we could find a trailer and go get the truck.

On Tuesday, May 18, I left school as soon as I could escape, rented a trailer, and Dave and I headed for what he referred to as an "adventure". Dave and I have had a few "adventures..." Sometimes they work out OK!

The first picture is the way we left the truck after the auction. I'd pulled the wheels off (with the help of Debbie's Dad and Uncle), and we left it on blocks so that I could get the tires re-mounted or replaced. I also was short one wheel/tire that was "donated" to a family gooseneck trailer before the auction.

Dave and I had a bit of trouble getting the front end jacked up, but we got all the tires on it, and still had all our hands and fingers intact, so that had to be good! We used a come-a-long to pull it up onto the trailer, and, in less than two hours, she was loaded and headed home.

With a little help from Debbie, we pushed, and ultimately pulled with my little Sonoma, the truck into the backyard about midnight!




No comments:

Post a Comment